Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Starr Hill- Northern Lights IPA

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shyzaboy/3151673958

I love a good IPA and Starr Hill's Northern Lights IPA definitely fits the bill. It has substance and taste, but is not overly heavy. Starr Hill is located and brewed outside of Charlottesville, VA, so a brewery tour might be in order. The brewery has only been in existence since 1999, but they appear to be flourishing since I recently saw it on tap at Clyde's in Georgetown, which is quite an endorsement.

Pick up a six pack before the football games this weekend, and let me know what you think. Cheers.


heady, face melting brew, it's next on my list to try.

2 comments:

  1. Note: you used my photograph of Star Hill's Northern Lights IPA.

    I don't mind at all, but please hot-link it to the original on Flickr:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/shyzaboy/3151673958

    If you can't do that, please remove the photograph.

    By the way, I've had a LOT of Northern Lights over the past couple of years (since it is in all of the local grocery stores here in Roanoke, VA), but my go-to IPA is Southern Tier. Now THAT is a fine beer...

    Brew on!
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment, I'm having trouble hotlinking the picture, so I removed it.

    I will need to check out Southern Tier!

    ReplyDelete